Thursday, February 11, 2010

When life gives you lemons...

Make lemon pasta. obviously.

I came across this great pasta receipe so I thought I would share it.
Lemon & Garlic Pasta Recipe

Ingredients
1/2 lb spaghetti or angel hair pasta
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1 tsp lemon zest, grated
2 tsp lemon juice
Salt & pepper
Parmesan cheese

Directions
Cook pasta as directed, and drain. Meanwhile, mince the garlic. In a small pan, heat the oil and butter. Add the garlic and cook until tender. Toss the garlic, oil, parsley, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper (to taste) with the pasta. Add parmesan cheese as desired, and serve immediately. Yes, it’s that easy.

Makes 4 servings.

This is an excellent dish with chicken, fish or shrimp. I have a fabulous shrimp recipe that I’ll post that goes great with this dish.

For all you health nerds (like me) I recommend adding steamed veggies to make this a more fiber rich meal. I add broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, &/or yellow squash.

No comments: