Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy Friday!


This week has been a hectic one with getting the house ready for Thanksgiving next week, repairing the newly completed fence that a deer decided to remove, craziness with work,getting over a nasty cold and of course getting the boys ready for the shows this weekend. Wish us luck as we debut the puppy in his first show tomorrow!

1. My Thanksgiving plans this year will include eating copious amounts of food at my new house with my family, grandfather and my dad's friend who is visiting from Chicago.

2. My favorite Thanksgiving was the first time I spent it with my husband's family at his grandparents and the rest of the extended family joined. It was great to see all of the extended family spending time with each other and even better that everyone got along for the most part.

3. My signature Thanksgiving dish is corn pudding. It's one of the few times a year that I make it but everyone requests it to be made and usually there is no left overs which must mean it is a crowd pleaser.
4. My favorite Thanksgiving food is mashed potatoes and gravy. Since Ben doesn't really like potatoes we don't have them very often at our house so I enjoy getting them covered in gravy during the holidays.
5. Thanksgiving free association! turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce.  with the lines on it, thankfulness, family time.

6. Thanksgiving is  a time to stop and pause to be thankful for the things that I have .

7. I am thankful for a best friend who is also a husband, two silly dogs, for family in general, our health and happiness and much more.

No comments: