Friday, December 11, 2009

Holiday Party Time

December means party time for us. With three birthdays, friend and work holiday parties we seem to have every weekend booked this month.

On Saturday, Dec 5th the start of the party season kicked off with my little sister Tammy's 14th birthday. This year she had a bowling party and a sleep over with a bunch of her friends. We joined her and her friends, my other sisters and our parents for a little while at the bowling party. She had a great time and I hear that the girls actually did go to sleep at some point the next morning :) That night night we headed to Ben's work party at the house of his lead in Enumclaw. It was great seeing and meeting all of his co-workers as well as tasting all of the different goodies that everyone brought to the potluck.

Friday the 11th we headed to the Lionfish holiday party which was held at the Rainer Vista Boys & Girls Club in Seattle. The evening was filled with lots of games including hulu hoop competitions, remote control car races, a magician show and others, presents for the kids and a visit from Santa. The food was yummy with great appetizers, gumbo and cornbread and lots of desserts.

Lastly for this half of the month we celebrated my mom's birthday on the 12th. My dad treated her this year and took her out to dinner at Coho Cafe in Redmond with no kids which is a rare treat for them. My sisters and I all spoiled her with gifs including socks which is my sister and mothers inside joke/tradition for birthdays.

No comments: